IPC T&D Development Engineer
- Bangalore, India
The candidate shall be part of Inter Processor Communication Development (PCIE/USB) team for designing/implementing/correcting/tuning/deploying solutions for portfolio of platforms involving 4G & 5G modems catering to slim modems/ M.2/ M2M/ automotive/IoT and related product segments.
• The " WWAN R&D" team is part of Intel's CCG Business Group• Responsible for IPC Software Architecture Definition, providing technical inputs/Help in the area of IPC software modules.• Support in customer interaction on technical matters• The candidate should be ready to work on complex topics with uncertainties and take part in design, development, and deployment and pro-actively support functional tests/certification tests/field tests/interoperability tests/KPI tests.• The candidate should strive for continuous improvements in the way of working to improve system efficiency, performance, robustness, sustainability and maintainability.• day-to-day work involves analyzing newer requirements, design, development, testing, bug fixing, coordinating with stake holders across different geos and time zones for analysis/development/bug fixing and reporting status.
- Knowledge/Experience in Modem SW architectures with focus on system optimizations (i.e. cost, performance, architectural)
- Knowledge in handling 3rd party SW modules and IP is desired
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming and analysis skills including the debug skills to analyze PCIe Protocol analyzer traces.
- Chrome/Linux/Android/Yacto Modem Integration experience using IPC(PCIe/USB)
- Domain knowledge in IPC (PCIe and PCIe Host driver), USB, core dump system and Linux/Chrome Driver knowledge is desired.
- Hands on Experience in H/W PCIe/USB bus level debugging like Signal probing using oscilloscope, using PCIe Bus analyzer to collect & analyze Protocol Traces.
- Strong Knowledge and understanding of PCIe/USB power states, LTSSM states.
- Strong track record of working with cross-functional R&D Teams and customers, and also working closely with Engineering on silicon products
- Strong technology expertise, background in cellular modems, along with good understanding of embedded systems is needed
- Strong business acumen, stakeholder management and influencing skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Patents/Publications in the area of IPC -PCIe/USB is desired.
- Experience working with engineering teams across geos and time zones is important.
Inside this Business Group
IN JR0133118 Bangalore
Back to top