Intel's Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) Custom IP Solutions Engineering CISE team develops comprehensive solutions to provide customers easy and efficient access to the capabilities of Intel's FPGA devices. These solutions are provided as highly configurable intellectual property IP cores that are fully integrated with Intel PSG's software CAD tool Quartus Prime. External Memory Interface IP EMIF is one category of important IP Cores. Most customer applications require storage or buffering of large amounts of memory, thus Memory Interface IP for DDR4 DDR5 or High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) becomes a critical component of most electronic systems. Another class of IP cores we build are for customized chip-to-chip interfaces. Intel PSG's IP cores provide configurable access to these highspeed high bandwidth memory devices and chip-to-chip interfaces. The constantly rising speed and complexity of memory devices and other chip-to-chip interfaces presents a challenging design problem that requires system level knowledge of silicon software IP and customer applications.
As an IP Design Verification Engineer you will work with a team of engineers to develop and verify state-of-the-art Memory Interface or chip-to-chip IP cores. You will be working on advanced device architectures design definition implementation and verification. You will also be developing design examples and simulation models accompanied by a rich set of technical documentation. Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following
- Architecture and implementation of scalable validation environments and test content
- Planning and reviewing test plans
- Developing comprehensive verification solutions encompassing traditional UVM based DV and static verification tools
- Driving verification methodology initiatives within the team aligning with best known methods across PSG
The candidate should possess the following behavioral traits
- Strong skills in communication, initiative, innovation, and teamwork
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast changing technologies and environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate fundamental values such as accountability integrity and a winning mindset
- Collaborative mindset strong influencing skills and an ability to work across geographical locations
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for several positions of varying levels and the position(s) may, or may not, be available for all location(s) at this time. If you're interested in this position, we encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you if/when relevant.
Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork, classes, research, and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
5+ years of verification experience of RTL design with Verilog and/or VHDL (3+ years of experience if you have MSEE or related Degree)
- 10+ years of verification experience of RTL design with Verilog and/or VHDL
- Experience with software programming and/or scripting
- Experience as a Verification Lead covering functional performance and security
- Experience in defining and implementing functional verification and coverage including testbenches scoreboards checkers and other collateral
- Experience with FPGA Design and/or Verification
- Experience with External Memory Interface protocols
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here CA JR0160094 Toronto Programmable Solutions Group