IP Engineering Manager
- San Jose, CA
Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost. Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions. Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices. Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
Provide technical management and leadership for design team involved in development of Ethernet NIC products. Responsibilities would include strong collaboration across teams in multiple geos, provides technical guidance and ensures that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group in line with the business strategies. Must have excellent stakeholder management skills. The ideal candidate should exhibit following behavioral traits:
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly technical teams and developing internal technical talent
- Proven ability to understand, develop, deliver high quality IPs and SoC products in networking domain
- Strong attention to technical detail, metrics, data analysis and situational problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions
- Desire and ability to learn/lead through ambiguity. Self-motivated and willing to take additional responsibilities over time to contribute to the team's success
- Excellent soft skills, ability to both listen to and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree with 18+ years of engineering leadership or management experience; or Master's degree with 15+ years of engineering leadership or management experience.
- Technical knowledge in TCP-IP, low latency high bandwidth Ethernet protocols, and the latest high speed Ethernet standards is desirable.
- Experience in development of networking IPs, ASICs/SoCs across multiple functional domains including Hardware Architecture, micro-Architecture, RTL design, Pre/Post-silicon validation & methodologies, timing closure techniques, etc is essential.
- Proven experience in building high performing engineering teams, developing leaders, driving necessary organizational change. Relevant knowledge in tools, flows, and methodologies used in IP development is must.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.... US Experienced Hire JR0144212 San Jose
Back to top