IOTG Intern - Undergraduate Software
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
This requisition is for sourcing for the IOTG Intern Program in 2019-2020. Specific project details and manager assignment will be communicated prior to the start of the internship. Offers must be accepted or declined by Dec 20th 2019 or Mar 20th 2020.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Candidate will creatively apply the technical know-how (engineering fundamentals, scientific knowledge, systems thinking, analytical thinking, prototyping, and testing knowledge) against design constraints and boundary conditions (industrial design, cost, performance criteria and other design constraints) to research, develop and productive mass producible solutions.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Self-motivated individual willing to take and follow directions and deliver to schedule
Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
Strong interpersonal skills, especially active listening skills
Effective prioritization and time management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good documentation skills
Willing to motivate the team to deliver skills
Passion in learning new things and driving for engineering excellence and innovations
Work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations
Customer communications skills as internal/external customer interaction is a critical requirement of this job role
Drive the initiative to make things happen proactively
Collaborate with other members of staff, external stakeholders, other Architecture/research teams and execute new and exciting technologies in the products we deliver and required characteristics
Candidate must possess minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Candidate must be enrolled in a BS program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related engineering program. This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Minimum 3 months of experience or equivalent coursework in the following areas:
- Software Validation Testing
- Programming skills in one or more languages like C, C , C, Perl, Python, SQL etc.
- Knowledge of Linux/Android operating systems- Intel architecture, BIOS and device drivers
- Algorithms, Data-structures, Operating Systems internals, Computer System Organization
- Machine Learning, Digital Signal Processing
- Software focused (ie: C and Real Time Computing)
- Embedded SW
- Computer architecture (CPU cache hierarchy and pipeline
- Memory addressing schemes, bank and rank mapping, and PCI system architecture,
- Programming (C programming, inline assembly, scripting), and operating system (Linux)
- Knowledge in Bash and Shell scripting is a plus
- Knowledge in web design is a plus
- Knowledge in Matlab, PHP and Java is a plus
- Good knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems, computer vision etc
- Strong knowledge of Intel architecture, BIOS and device drivers will be an advantage
- Schematic capture and circuit simulation experience using HSPICE or similar language (VHDL, Verilog, Matlab).
- General software stack and programming model and computing architecture
- Linux OS architecture at the kernel, driver in relation to code implementation for Intel SoC IA.
- Experienced with Shell Scripts, Python Scripting
- PC Architecture, especially Embedded system & IOT
- Desktop OSes & drivers. Including Windows, Linux, Android
- Protocol stack: TCP/IP, MQTT, HTTP etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Azure IOT or AWS IOT
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum, web programming and database management
- Expertise in x86 Assembly, C and/or C programming in a Linux environment (GCC, GDB/KDB, etc.)
- Working knowledge of various scripting languages: Perl, Python, Bash Shell* and Make
- Working knowledge (debug and development experience) of standard PC system architecture, Operating Systems and Driver internals is required
- Read hardware schematics to determine basic component information, addressing, etc.
- Experience in developing and understanding the intricacies of large scale software development
- Explain clearly and diagram complex technical concepts
- Configuration management and baselines
- Proficient with Word and Excel
Inside this Business Group
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
US, Arizona, Phoenix
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0119882 Phoenix
Back to top