Internship Supply Line Management - Undergraduate
Intel Corporation has several Global Supply Management (GSM) summer internship opportunities in Phoenix, AZ or Portland, OR. As a member of the GSM team, you will be a full business partner, making and influencing business decisions that optimize Intel's Supply Chain. The GSM Intern Program is structured as a 12 week summer 2020 assignment within an Intel GSM business group. Interns will undertake a project designed to utilize existing skills and experience and provide an opportunity for professional growth. Additionally, the GSM Intern Program includes practical training and educational events, networking/social opportunities, and exposure to senior leadership and the GSM community.
A successful candidate responsibilities may include
- Converting manufacturing and business requirements into actionable strategies and tactics as they relate to inventory health/optimization streamlined / reliable services, logistics and supplier performance.
- Coordinates purchasing activities such as generating / managing/ reconciling forecasts and schedules.
- Monitors the acquisition of materials in support of ramping factories, sustaining, dispositioning materials for end of life factories.
- Executes contractual requirements as well as meets with suppliers to discuss performance, cost opportunities, and future operational strategies.
- Partners with the factories to drive the lowest possible materials and service impact to tool availability.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to support factory SLA's and quality requirements.
- Participates in the development and improvement of systems and tools to drive efficiencies across the organization.
- Works with cross organizational teams to solve problems and drive supply chain solutions.
A successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Problem solving skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, results and team oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Ability to understand and streamline business strategies, stake holder and supplier management.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
- Must be currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Supply Chain or a related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position
- Minimum of 3 months experience in SAP* enterprise or similar systems for order management and procurement.
- Minimum of 3 months experience in supply chain management or engineering (either: procurement, supplier selection/management, contract negotiations, logistics/distribution, materials management, factory operations)
- Direct Supply Chain experience, &/or technical degrees and experience are a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma is highly desired.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0113266 Phoenix
Back to top