HPC Storage Software Quality/Test Engineer
Intel is seeking an experienced software validation engineer to join the Extreme Storage Architecture and Development division. This role will validate the DAOS software being developed by Intel, critical to the development of exascale HPC architectures. The IO software stack must be optimized to prevent a storage bottleneck as we engineer for substantial throughput increases today and plan for the increased demand in coming years. We are looking for a test engineer who can learn this new I/O stack and demonstrate its abilities at scale and under load, finding critical bugs before it is put into production.
This position will focus on system testing.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and automated test cases.
- Understands new features from existing documentation and reading C source code.
- Writes integration, feature, and internals tests to verify those features work, stand alone and together with other pieces of software, and under different stresses.
- Drives development of system-level validation software.
- Drives to push the boundaries of the software and know where the breaking points are.
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Independently determines root causes of failures and recommends corrective action, working closely with development to drive resolution of bugs.
- Seeks opportunities to drive improved validation methodologies within the team.
- This job requires a team player with good organizational/planning skills, and a proven past success in completing large projects
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of experience as a test developer or software engineer
- 5 years of experience in creating and executing detailed test plans.
- 5 years programming experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, Python and C ideal.
- 5 years of experience with software debugging.
- 5 years Linux experience.
- 5 years of experience with distributed computing.
- 5 years of experience with Continuous Integration.
- This position involves work on a U.S. Government contract which may impose certain security requirements: If you are a U.S. citizen, the government may require that you certify that you are a U.S. citizen. If you are not a U.S. citizen, the government may require you to pass a security check before you can be approved to work on the project. Please note that any offer by Intel for this position is conditioned upon meeting and/or passing the U.S. government's security check requirements should the government impose these requirements.
- Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years of experience with HPC concepts and tools, such as MPI, HDF5, job scheduling, etc.
- 3 years of experience with automated testing for software written in C.
- 3 years of experience in Linux kernel development and debugging.
- 3 years of experience with open source development tools and techniques.
- 3 years of experience in file system fundamentals, including POSIX conformance.
- 3 years of experience with FUSE.
- 3 years of experience in I/O and network benchmarking, stress testing.
- 3 years of experience in Scale testing over high performance, low latency, networks such as Intel Omnipath.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0112527 Hudson
Back to top