High Speed Electrical Validation Intern
- Austin, TX
At Intel, the Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) is the place to be to expand your high speed signal knowledge. Intel's CPU Servers power the Cloud, Enterprise systems, and Data Centers!
You'll be a part of a dynamic team supporting Intel's cutting-edge high speed IOs' electrical validation (such as PCIe Gen4/5 with signal rate of up to 32 GT/s and DDR4/5).
In your role, you will:
- Build your experience in high-frequency signal measurement
- Increase your understanding of RF circuits and electromagnetic wave propagation.
- Collaborate with team engineers to analyze lab test data to ensure our department's products conform to standards specifications.
- Ability to use methodological approaches to solve highly complex problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic and team oriented environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
-Candidate must be pursuing a Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering with technical capabilities or experience.
-At least 6+ months of experience with:
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, and Visual Basic
- Availability for 6 to 12 months internship.
- Hands-on work in a hardware lab with computer systems, test stations and test equipment such as BERTs and oscilloscopes
- Mathematical and statistical analysis, including knowledge of JMP and/or Matlab
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0127732 Austin
Back to top