Graphics Software Engineer Intern
- Gdańsk, Poland
Have you ever wondered how the world's most complex and exciting technology is brought to life? Do you want to be part of the team that drives the Computing revolution?
Join us! Intel Gdansk team is expanding its software engineering team in the field of GPGPU.
We are looking for the student to join the Software Engineering organization within the Visual Technologies Team (VTT).
In this role, you will work on the newest technologies associated with Intel Graphics. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively work with cross-geo teams of software development and validation engineers, graphics architects, performance analysts and other support teams to create and innovate cutting edge graphics features. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on future hardware design and software improvements by defining innovative features or validation strategies to deliver the best in class products and improve overall user experience.
Additionally, this includes automated test cycles execution, results in analysis, debug, reporting and functional/performance tests automation and integration within our testing system. The candidate will also need to cooperate with Polish and US teams.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Gaining and continuously extending in-depth knowledge of Intel graphics architecture and features as well as demonstrating it in day-to-day activities
- Using a structured approach in designing, developing and testing graphics system-level software and/or tools
- Working with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements
- Ensuring our hardware and software will function and perform as expected
- Root-causing and resolving issues
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent student
- Practical knowledge of C/C++ and scripting languages
- Ability to solve technical issues
- Desire and ability to quickly learn and gain new knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Nice to have:
- In-depth knowledge of GPGPU/3D pipeline and API standards: OpenCL, Direct3D, Vulkan, OpenGL/ES etc.
- Compilers knowledge - internals, optimizations, current trends
- Experience in hardware simulation, emulation or virtualization technologies
- Experience in performance analysis and optimizations development
- Knowledge of low-level programming languages and hardware programming aspects
- Technical understanding of operating systems internals
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
PL Intern JR0129991 Gdansk
Back to top