Global EHS Construction Manager
- Hillsboro, OR
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability.
As the Global Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Construction Manager, you will be responsible for setting, leading, and executing the corporate construction EHS strategy for global construction projects and programs including fab and assembly test manufacturing facilities, office buildings and small construction projects. This role reports directly to the Global EHS Director and will be responsible for leading a direct staff of 8-10 global employees as well as 70 construction EHS contingent workers.
• Set the vision, strategic direction and drive construction EHS excellence across the company for all construction activities.
• Ensure construction EHS services are available and implemented on global construction projects to facilitate the safe planning, start up, construction, commissioning and handover of buildings and facilities.
• Deliver guidance and coaching to senior construction management to ensure site actions are in alignment with Intel's corporate EHS policies while remaining cognizant of the ever changing global EHS regulatory environment.
• Establish construction EHS audit strategies that ensure programs meet or exceed all legal requirements.
• Proactively plan and manage construction EHS objectives to support the company's strategic growth plans.
• Measure and monitor construction EHS benchmarks, metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to meet company-wide goals and drive best in class results.
• Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives to foster a strong construction safety culture.
• Identify and coordinate construction EHS training to meet regulatory requirements and improve construction EHS awareness & performance across the company.
• Plan, resource, and direct activities in the organization to meet schedules, standards, and cost.
• Foster a team culture in which safety, operational excellence, and results orientation are the foundation.
• Develop the technical/engineering skills of the organization required to have a world class construction EHS team.
• Lead, foster, and grow relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive Intel's success.
Strong decision-making skills and the ability to build respect and influence at all levels.
• Strong executive communication and presentation skills.
• Effectively work with key suppliers and vendors to support construction EHS objectives.
• Global travel is required.
•10+ years leading best-in-class EHS programs including large construction projects requiring EHS support.
•10+ years' progressive leadership experience, with minimum 5 years' senior management experience desired; history of leading and developing a diverse, geographically distributed, multidisciplinary team and employees.
•Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, or related subject.
•Master's degree and relevant professional certifications are a plus.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.... US Experienced Hire JR0129932 Hillsboro
Back to top