Functional Validation Engineer - Graduate Intern
- Austin, TX
At Intel, the Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) is the place to be to expand your computer architecture, design and software/firmware knowledge. Intel's CPU Servers power the Cloud, Enterprise systems, and Data Centers! Within Functional Validation, you will be exposed to such technologies as PCIe, Virtualization, Multi-processor Interconnectivity, Memory, Power Management, RAS, Security, and Cache Coherency.
We are seeking a self-motivated intern who is interested in engineering/validation of complex leading edge projects. As a team member, you will be involved in planning, creating and executing tests, developing software, and debugging failures to ensure high quality products are delivered to our customers. Come join the Austin Server Validation Team working on exciting innovative products in the tech sector of Austin.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and often intense project schedule.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work in a team environment as well as the willingness to work independently
- Interest in platform architecture and general knowledge of computer system design.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with senior HW/SW engineers to find the root cause and fixes for failures
- Build a test strategies and work with other developers to automate tests.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must be pursuing an Master's degree or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- 6+ months of experience with:
- Programming in C++/C, or Python
- Linux OS and shell programming
- Computer Architecture Design
-Availability for a 3 months internship
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Intern JR0127728 Austin
Back to top