FPGA Applications Engineer INTERN
- Guadalajara, Mexico
Primarily supporting FPGA products and integrated FPGA products from Intel. Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with FPGA/ASIC architects on projects.- Support board bring up and be able to resolving system level issues.
- Support the integration of FPGA in systems containing other Intel products including processors. Also an Application Engineers act as consultants and provide support to third party product developers. As help developers create or move their products to IA, achieve the best performance of their applications on IA, and prepare collateral material to capture methods and demonstrate their results.
- Providing technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to SW developers in areas of architecting, technologies, code development, testing and tuning of SW apps 20% of time.
- Provide training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to SW developers using the Intel SW Tools; evangelize Intel SW Tools and technologies to SW developer community 10% of time.
- As SW and Intel technology expert, author technical papers and training courses; provide expertise to customers and peer Intel orgs 10% of time.
- Contribute to SW and HW product development by providing tech feedback to Intel product teams 10% of time.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Independent work with minimal supervision.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within teams, including virtual teams, and being self-motivated
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering OR Master Degree on Electronic Design or equivalent.
3+ months of experience with
- Verilog/VHDL, Computer Architecture, FPGA background (used for university projects), System level understanding, etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
MX Intern JR0145789 Guadalajara
Back to top