FPGA Application Engineer, Acceleration products and High Level Design
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (formerly Altera) is seeking talented, highly motivated candidates to join its Application Engineering team delivering technical support to its customers and partners in Europe
As an Application Engineer in our European Regional Application Engineering team you will work alongside the existing team located in High Wycombe, UK and will be responsible for delivering expert level technical support on Intel PSG's products.
You will work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, who will support your daily development and knowledge growth. Training courses will further accelerate your learning, with potential opportunities to visit other Intel PSG locations world-wide. You will learn how to use all the resources at your disposal to make sure that our customers are able to realize their FPGA-based designs as efficiently as possible using our silicon, software and IP products.
Your opinions and thoughts will be valued from day one.
You will be expected to collaborate with a wide range of teams within PSG to ensure that you meet your technical support objectives and will be expected to identify the most appropriate means to deliver that support to ensure that the customers you are working with can achieve their design goals.
- Providing expert level proactive and reactive technical support in the field of embedded systems, high level tools design tools e.g. OpenCL and Acceleration products to our customers across Europe This may include the delivery of training on occasions, and customer visits depending on the nature of the technical problem in hand and the urgency associated with its resolution.
- Responding to written, web-based and direct customer inquiries relating to your area of technical expertise and communicating with your customers, by phone, e-mail and through the web, it will be your responsibility to investigate problems and resolve these directly through the use of your product knowledge. Any issues that cannot be resolved locally should be escalated to the appropriate applications, design, or software development groups within Intel PSG, your responsibility in such cases being to maintain communication with the team and the customer to ensure successful and timely resolution.
- Development of good technical relationships with appropriate third parties relevant to the high level design, embedded and acceleration card application spaces
- Maintenance of good working relationships with local sales and marketing personnel who are working on demand creation in the acceleration and embedded systems areas supporting them as necessary
- Proactive support through participation in development projects, possibly as part of an international, cross organizational team which may include the generation of product collateral such as application notes, user guides and example designs.
- Management of technical support activities in your area of specialty in an efficient manner utilizing the issue management systems that are available in the company, working with the rest of the application engineering team and the extended sales team to prioritize issues effectively based on the company's business objectives.
- Maintenance of technical expertise by identifying and communicating development requirements, and attending suitable internal and external learning activities.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent plus at least 3 years of relevant experience in a design or applications engineering environment.
- Some knowledge of the use of FPGA's and / or ASIC development tools
- Experience in the application of embedded processors.
- Good knowledge and experience of embedded software programming.
- Embedded Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of high level design using OpenCL or other level design tools
- Knowledge of C, C or other relevant programming languages
- The ability to work flexibly in a multi-tasking team environment with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to apply sound judgement.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to work with the ability to travel within Europe on occasion and to the US or Asia for training and issue resolution.
Join our team of innovators, where you are encouraged to break through boundaries to invent and advance technology. Working at Intel PSG means that you are working with the brightest people in the industry. We create technology that enables our customers to create products that solve problems. You ' ll find our products in a variety of applications, including communications, networking, cloud computing, storage, industrial, automotive, and defence.
You ' ll work on exciting and industry leading products that challenge you to do, and become your best, while working with a company that cares about our customers, community, and the environment.
Come build your career. Be a part of a team where you can grow while helping others grow.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
PL Experienced Hire JR0056237 Gdansk
Back to top