In this position, you will be working as part of a Pre-silicon Power Management and Firmware Verification Team on current and next generation server products.
Key responsibilities of the role include, although not limited to:
- Creating test environments, checker strategies, and test generators for validating power management firmware (Pcode/Primecode)
- Learning the FW and related IP/SOC architecture by debugging test failures to the root cause
- Developing and utilizing various software tools and/or methodologies with the goal to ensure highly functional firmware
- Communicating effectively, coordinating and working with firmware developers and IP teams
- Potentially participating in the debug of failures in silicon and developing new testing strategies to detect these failures on pre-silicon models
You will also have:
- Problem-solving Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Work in a Dynamic Team-Oriented Environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related computing disciple and 3+ years of experience in: - OR - a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related computing disciple and 2+ years of experience in:
- Power Management (PM) IP, PM Firmware, or PM SoC development, verification, using Verilog/System Verilog/OVM/UVM
- Firmware/Embedded Firmware development or verification
- Reading and interpreting technical specs and Register Transfer Level (RTL) code
- SW development skills (Unit Testing, Test Driven Development) in C/C++
- Hands-on Debug
- Programming experience in C/C++- Programming experience in languages like Python, Perl, Ruby- Object-Oriented Programming Techniques
- Computer Architecture and Digital Logic - Linux/UNIX and related Tools
- Verification Techniques including Assertions, Functional Coverage, and Randomized Regressions
Inside this Business Group
IP Engineering Group's (IPG) vision Build IPs that power Intel's leadership products and power our customer's silicon. We want to attract & retain talent who get joy in building high quality IP and share our core belief that IP is fundamental to transforming Intel's silicon design process. IPG's guiding principles will be ensuring Quality (Zero Bugs), Customer Obsession (Delight our Customers) and structured Problem Solving. We are a fearless organization transforming IP development.
US, Massachusetts, Hudson
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0146933 Santa Clara IP Engineering Group (IPG)