- Gdańsk, Poland
Intel is currently seeking Firmware Engineer to join a growing team working on next-generation Solid State Disk (SSD) solutions within our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group.
In this position, you will join a fast-paced team developing new, cutting-edge firmware for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD). You will utilize and grow your experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with the ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. You will gain experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe. The role also includes algorithm modeling, benchmarking, and implementation. The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, you would be expected to work closely and communicate well with your team/organization.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing source code, review, and maintain C
- Performing unit and system level test and verification, System C, and Model sim SE
- Be motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Bachelor of Science degree or a Master of Science degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years' experience programming in C, C++
- Experience in source code development, review and maintenance C/C++ preferably around embedded SW
- Some experience using scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience in developing unit tests for code quality validation
- Understanding of firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, emulators, and tool-chains
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Very good teamwork and communication skills
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
PL JR0130499 Gdansk
Back to top