Firmware and Driver Development Engineer
- Mumbai, India
The Datacenter Platform Group (DPG) is looking for a BIOS/BMC firmware & driver development Engineer who has 8 years experienced in firmware development (BMC or BIOS) for Intel Architecture and low-level driver (BSP) development.
Position specific Job description: Intel India is partnering with some of the biggest partners to bring revolutionary solutions to market. This specific position requires close work with the customer and will be on-site with the customer to resolve any firmware related issues, participate in customer design power-on , debug and test the platform level firmware solutions including BMC & BIOS.
In this position, you will be responsible for low level driver development, firmware (BIOS/BMC) development & debug for an IA-based server solution.
- C, C (esp. in Embedded systems) & knowledge in Assembly programming
- Experience in Server management, BMC with various protocol support (IPMI, DMTF (Redfish, PMCI) ) - Monitoring, Inventory, Error reporting, recovery & log collection and other features like KVM, Remote media and Power sequence.
- UEFI FW knowledge to bring up boards & Power on IA CPU's (UEFI, ACPI, SMBIOS, Power states & management). Experience in CPU Power on / debug activity.
- Experience in Platform Firmware development esp. to assist in board design & bring-up including UEFI FW/BIOS, BMC (OpenBMC), CPLD and Server board FW.
- Experience in IPMB, I2C/SMBUS, PCIe, KCS, UART, RGMII, NC-SI, SPI, eSPI, DMI, NV-Me-MI, SAS, SATA, DDR topologies etc.
- Knowledge in Intel XEON architecture & feature set.
Master's Degree in Electronics/Embedded System/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Well versed in C & C++ programming skills (esp. Embedded systems), Knowledge in Assembly programming.
- Knowledge of IA, ARM, and embedded system architectures
- Proficient in microcontrollers, its peripherals, and basic electronics with firsthand production projects.
- Knowledge of TCPIP protocol and have experience in solving complicated network issue
- Knowledge on Linux Kernel programming and Firmware
- Ability of analyzing complex technical problems diagnosing, debugging root cause, and finding solutions.
- Assessing third party and open source software and providing recommendation to the program.
- Experience working with various communication and control protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, PCIe, I2S, and CAN. Exposure to major available SoC boards and microcontrollers.
- Ability to read and understand circuits and hardware. Experience with various schematic capture tools.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Should be proactive and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Should have good experience with customer interaction handling.
- Demonstrated ability of working well in a diverse and cross geo team environment
- Strong documentation skills. Good understanding of FW development tools used in different phases of development.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Experienced Hire JR0146488 Mumbai
Back to top