Facilities Engineering Intern (Electrical & Electronics)
- Bangalore, India
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services CS provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
The Electrical & Electronics Engineering intern will work closely under direct supervision of a senior engineer to perform specific engineering tasks related to operations such as - onsite rounds, reports verification, monitoring engineering activities & tasks, conducting evaluations and analysis in specialized engineering fields. The intern will apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems. Other responsibilities include:
• Owning safety within area of influence by ensuring necessary rules and regulations are followed.
• Taking up projects to enhance reliability of Facilities Electrical Systems by reviewing past failures and coming up with solutions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Use scientific problem-solving approach such as CAPA, 7QC tools, DMAIC to arrive at long-term solutions.
• Review available reports and data of Electrical Systems and apply analysis to extract information, patterns and improvements possible.
• Identify opportunities in energy conservation projects by thoroughly reviewing systems and processes and help Intel implement the findings.
• Conduct Operational assessment of Facilities Electrical Systems in consultation with Intel Operations team and identify opportunities to improve and streamline existing operational processes such as Preventive Maintenance Programs, Standard Operating Procedures, Checklists etc.
• Review current Inventory Management processes for Facilities Electrical Systems spares and devise improvements and implementations.
• Audit and organize existing documentation process pertaining to Operations such as As-Built Drawings, User Manuals & catalogues.
• Candidate should be a Bachelors in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Masters in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or other equivalent Engineering degree from an accredited university.
• Possess a strong personal focus on safety for themselves and those around them.
• Knowledge of the practical application of Electrical and Electronics Engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and troubleshooting skill.
• Must be familiar industry standard instrumentation devices to include measurement of Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Flow and Energy.
• Knowledge in areas such as low and medium voltage power, easy power, load flow analysis, electrical engineering drawings and short circuit calculations.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills in a business setting with good exposure to AutoCAD and MS Office Platforms.
• Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction and as part of a larger team.
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment and influence both technical and management personnel to resolve issues in a cost-efficient way.
• Ability and willingness to learn/grow into technical areas beyond current education and area of expertise/experience.
What we offer you
We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel's offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
IN Intern JR0131670 Bangalore
Back to top