Facilities Automation and Controls Technician
- Hillsboro, OR
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As an Intel Facilities Automation and Controls Technician, you will play a significant role in helping to develop the world's most revolutionary processors. You will join an elite group who work at our high-tech technology and development fabrication facilities using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and tools.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with regards to low voltage electrical equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), HMI/SCADA, and network problems.
- Provide direction to plant electricians, mechanics, and other maintenance teams as needed to complete their daily tasks.
- Implement programming and database changes to PLCs, SCADA screens, and peripheral applications.
- Commissioning and startup of SCADA equipment.
- Availability to work a flexible shift.
- Maintain a professional attitude and the ability to communicate constructively between disciplines/trades.
- Maintain shift-to-shift communications (passdown) to allow for clear transfer of knowledge between shifts.
- Create, execute, and revise procedures with a high level of detail.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Must be willing to lift a minimum of 20 lbs., walk long distances, and be willing to climb stairs.
What we Offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science with 6 years of work experience, or equal job related experience with 8 years of experience.
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Experience with (GE Cimplicity) and ControlLogix.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0129593 Hillsboro
Back to top