Intel's Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) Custom IP Solutions Engineering CISE team develops comprehensive solutions to provide customers easy and efficient access to the capabilities of Intel's FPGA devices. These solutions are provided as highly configurable intellectual property IP cores that are fully integrated with Intel PSG's software CAD tool Quartus Prime.
External Memory Interface IP EMIF is one category of important IP Cores. Most customer applications require storage or buffering of large amounts of memory. Thus, Memory Interface IP for DDR4, DDR5 or High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) becomes a critical component of most electronic systems. Another class of IP cores we build are for customized chip-to-chip interfaces. Intel PSGs IP cores provide configurable access to these high-speed high bandwidth memory devices and chip-to-chip interfaces. The constantly rising speed and complexity of memory devices and other chip-to-chip interfaces presents a challenging design problem that requires system level knowledge of silicon, software, IP, and customer applications.
As an IP Design Engineer, you will work with a team of engineers to develop and verify state-of-the-art Memory Interface or chip-to-chip IP cores. You will be working on advanced device architectures, design definition, implementation, and verification. You will also be developing design examples and simulation models, accompanied by a rich set of technical documentation.
Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Architecture and Design based on the latest memory protocol specifications or custom chip-to-chip interfaces
- RTL development
- Device support and CAD tool integration
- Verification (e.g. verification IP, methodologies, frameworks, bus functional models, regression tests)
- Hardware power-on and debug
- New product release and rollout support
- Customer technical support
The candidate should possess the following behavioral traits:
- Strong skills in communication, initiative, innovation, and teamwork
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate fundamental values such as accountability, integrity, and a winning mindset
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for several positions of varying experience/levels and the position(s) may, or may not, be available for all location(s) at this time. If you're interested in this position, we encourage you to apply, and our hiring team will be glad to contact you if/when relevant.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in RTL design, SystemVerilog, Verilog, and/or VHDL (Master's Degree with 6+ months of experience in projects, internship(s), or work experience will also be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 7+ years of experience with RTL design, SystemVerilog, Verilog, and/or VHDL
- 7+ years of experience with software programming and/or scripting languages
- FPGA design experience
- Experience with simulation, timing closure, STA
- Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here CA JR0158954 Toronto Programmable Solutions Group