Experienced Physical Design Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Creates bottomsup elements of chip design including but not limited to FET, cell, and block level custom layouts, FUB level floor plans, abstract view generation, RC extraction and schematic to layout verification and debug using phases of physical design development including parasitic extraction, static timing, wire load models, clock generation, customer polygon editing, auto place and route algorithms, floor planning, full chip assembly, packaging, and verification
- Troubleshoots a wide variety up to and including difficult design issues and applied proactive intervention. Schedules, staffs, executes and verifies complex chips development and execution of project methodologies and/or flow developments
- Requires expansive knowledge and practical application of methodologies and physical design
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 9+ years of experience -OR- a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering and 6+ years of experience in:
- Synopsys ICC2/Fusion compiler and/or the Cadence Innovus tool suite
- Leading teams and managing direct reports
- Working on leading edge process technology
- Advanced silicon technologies 7nm and beyond
- Expansive knowledge and practical application of methodologies and physical design
12 years + years of experience in:
- Physical design
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0141303 Phoenix
Back to top