Experienced Firmware Test Developer
- Gdańsk, Poland
J oin Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth.
Intel is currently seeking Experienced Firmware Test Developer to join a growing team working on validating next generation Solid State Disk (SSD) solutions within our Non-volatile Memory Solutions Group.
In this position, you will join a fast-paced team developing new, cutting-edge firmware for Intel Solid State Drives (SSD).
You will utilize and grow your experience in validating the architecture, external interfaces, and product constraints, along with the ability to validate architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. You will develop validation software, review and maintain Python/Perl/C/C++.
You will gain experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and NVMe. The team utilizes the Agile development methodologies, therefore, you would be expected to work closely and communicate well with your team/organization.
Candidates should have strong expertise in one of the above-listed disciplines, as well as the following traits:
- Strong problem-solving/debugging skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, self-directed and able to work effectively both independently and in a team
- Working closely with internal teams such as ASIC and firmware development to drive resolution of firmware and system bugs, and opportunities to drive improved validation methodologies within the team
- Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints
- Ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform
- Source code development, review and maintenance C/C++
- Unit and system level test and verification of system architecture, device architecture, and hardware design
- Experience in storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, and Fiber Channel
- Algorithm modeling, benchmarking, and implementation
- Experience with RTOS concepts
- Experience with firmware development environments including compilers, debuggers, and emulators
- Experience with ARM 32-bit processors
- Knowledge of NVMe interface technology
- Experience with hardware/software debugging using logic analyzers and protocol analyzers
- Experience with working with Hardware including PCB, ASIC, and FPGA
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Very good teamwork and communication skills
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
PL JR0130498 Gdansk
Back to top