- Austin, TX
In this position, you will be part of Intel's Validation Engineering (iVE) Group. As an engineer technician within the Austin Validation Lab, you will participate in many innovative projects, and apply your expertise in a fast paced technically driven environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong self-directed work ethic and a can-do attitude. Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven analytical and critical thinking. Requires the ability to work with remote development/validation teams for debug and system configuration. Responsible for highly technical tasks in support of a variety of validation engineering activities. Partners with Engineering Teams on cutting edge product development, troubleshooting and data collection in a socially distanced environment.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Conducting engineering tests and troubleshooting on server validation platforms
- Technical functions in support of engineering activities
- Experimental testing to collect data and assist in research work
- Performing initial reviews of test result and uploading output data to appropriate repositories.
- Troubleshooting when validation platforms fail to yield desired results.
- Perform debug or special experiments without pre-defined documentation.
- Communicate results and prompt notification of any gating issues.
- Support cross function remote engineers in use of the lab system hardware
- Build configure and test server validation platforms.
- Installation of various PC operating system and software applications.
- Configure/operate industry standard test and measurement equipment for debug and data collection.
- Installation and configuration of network KVMs and power distribution units.
- Assembly of non-technical fixtures such as test benches and liquid cooled thermal tools.
- Maintain cleanliness, organization, and tidiness of lab and workspace.
2-year college degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge of computer (preferable server) architecture
3 + years experience in installation, troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues in Windows/Linux OS environments
3 + years experience in working with PC and server peripherals
Knowledge of general validation and automation principles
Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of CPU and Motherboard interfaces such as; Ethernet, USB, PCIe, Memory, etc.
- Prior experience working in server CPU validation
- Strong background in electrical component debug
- Scripting experience (python etc.)
- Soldering experience a plus
This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only.
A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government.
Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0142097 Austin
Back to top