Embedded Systems Software Engineer
Join our team of innovators at Intel, where you are encouraged to break through boundaries to invent and advance technology. Working at Intel means that you are working with the brightest people in the industry. We create technology that enables our customers to create products that solve problems. You'll find our products in a variety of applications, including communications, networking, cloud computing, storage, industrial, automotive, and defence.
You'll work on exciting and industry leading products that challenge you to do and become your best, while working with a company that cares about our customers, community, and the environment.
Come build your career at Intel. Be a part of a team where you can grow while helping others grow.
Intel is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to develop embedded vision and machine learning solutions targeting far reaching Internet of Things applications, including, smart city, smart factory, smart retail and machine vision systems.
As a Systems Software Engineer you will be responsible for applying mathematical, software and system engineering skills to design and develop embedded vision and video solutions, as well as develop scalable software infrastructure and tools, to improve system development efficiency. You will work as part of a system engineering team in the Intel Programmable Solutions Group, located in High Wycombe, 40mins from central London and Oxford.
Not only will you work in a rapid learning environment, alongside industry experts, you will also work in collaboration with the most innovative worldwide technology companies to accelerate next generation AI and computer vision algorithms through highly optimized embedded FPGA implementations. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to understand complex mathematical algorithms, as well as a fluency in programming languages such as C/C or OpenCL to develop and deliver highly accelerated systems, flexible software infrastructure and builder tools.
Technologies are moving rapidly as are market needs. The right candidate will be excited and energised by these dynamic challenges. You will learn an Agile engineering development approach, frequently delivering high quality solutions to customers and communicating with your team on a daily basis to build innovative and creative products. Your opinions and thoughts are valued from day one.
The successful candidate will increasingly gain direct visibility of the impact of their work and directly drive business success. This includes frequent customer interaction, and demonstration of solutions at key trade shows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show).
- Work with strategic customers to develop and deliver embedded vision algorithmic benchmarks and solutions, demonstrating the value of the FPGA
- Develop optimized reference platforms for broad distribution of embedded vision solutions using a mix of software skills.
- Develop software infrastructure/tools to enable internal/customer solution development flow
- Customer enablement: Support strategic customer development using Intel FPGA products
- Work in close collaboration with the Intel FPGA High Level Design tools team to drive new features and improvements
- Work closely with Intel Business Groups to define and deliver market appropriate solutions
Job Posting Closing Date : Wednesday 12th June 2019
- M.Sc in Computer Science or equivalent degree plus any relevant internship
- 5 to 10 years of relevant industry experience (or equivalent)
- Strong software skills (e.g. C/C )
- Technical knowledge and appreciation of hardware and embedded system concepts
- Skills and experience in FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog/VHDL and related design flows are desirable
- An interest in some/all of the following areas: Computer Vision, Video, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Machine Vision, 3D Graphics
- You should be a self-starter with good problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Back to top