Embedded Systems FPGA Engineer
Intel employs over 100,000 people globally. Intel products underpin the world's data-centric infrastructure including industrial, communications and networking technology as well as high performance and personal computers. With the acquisition of Altera, FPGAs are a key technology within Intel's portfolio.
We are looking for an outstanding engineer who wants to develop and promote FPGA-based solutions for customers in the Industrial and Automotive markets. You will work with a local team, industry experts and partner companies, using Agile project management to prioritize and deliver solutions, helping to shape the future of industrial technology.
Applications span the industrial internet of things, from power conversion and electric motor control, through industrial networking, to edge analytics including vision processing, machine learning and interfacing to the Cloud.
FPGA algorithms may be developed in HDL (Verilog) or code generation tools such as HDL Coder, Intel DSP Builder, OpenCL or OpenVINO for CNN-based algorithms. Systems including the FPGAs may require embedded software development in RTOS or Linux on soft processor, ARM or Intel CPU.
There are opportunities to travel to demonstrate solutions to customers at Intel sites and at key trade shows. The role is based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, close to the M40 motorway, around 40mins from London and 30mins from Oxford.
- Work in a team to develop embedded systems using FPGAs to requirements from Intel's Industrial and Automotive Business Unit
- Identify and promote the benefits of FPGA-based solutions
- Showcase Intel's latest devices and programming tools
- Provide input to Intel's future architectures and products
- Represent Intel at customer & trade shows
Posting Date: 17/06/2019
Closing Date: 15/07/2019
- MEng or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, with excellent results
- A strong desire to program and promote FPGAs
- Understanding of heterogeneous embedded systems using CPUs, FPGAs and other hardware
- FPGA hardware design skills (Verilog/VHDL and system building with IP)
- Experience of embedded software design and Linux
- High level analysis skills using MATLAB or similar
- Keen to set goals and deliver output to a high standard
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A drive to succeed and solve problems along the way
- Occasional Business travel required
- Knowledge of DSP, control systems & machine learning
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Back to top