Dry Etch Technology Development Process Technologist
At Intel, we optimize storage and memory from device physics to platform architecture to system level solutions while collaborating with industry leaders to help our customers. We continue to invest in two core technologies: Intel Optane technology that delivers industry-leading low latency (it's super-fast!) and Intel 3D NAND technology that delivers high density at low cost. F11x in Rio Rancho, New Mexico is Intel's new Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) Technology Development site and will focus on Optane Technology Development and NAND Technology Research and Pathfinding.
To deliver the silicon technology, the Intel NSG Rio Rancho Technology Development (RTD) group is looking for senior experienced Dry Etch Technology Development Process Engineers to help develop Optane and NAND technology. As a Dry Etch Technology Development Process Engineer Technologist.
You will be responsible for defining the dry etch technology roadmap, developing dry etch processes for successive memory technology development nodes, and transferring them to high volume manufacturing. You will work closely with integration, device, and the other unit process areas to define the memory technology roadmap and turn that roadmap into reality. As a Dry Etch Technologist, your scope will be broader than single layer level ownership and you will drive strategic projects for the team and the RTD organization as a whole.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record developing dry etch processes in memory or logic, collaborating with cross-functional/cross-company teams including equipment and material vendors, driving dry etch process improvements to achieve electrical and yield performance targets on schedule, using understanding of technology integration to achieve superior dry etch/patterning results, and defining and leading strategic projects within dry etch as well as integrated modules.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of dry etch fundamentals including plasma physics.
- Have 15 years of experience developing one or more dry etch processes in either logic or memory.
- Plan and conduct experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Have a track record of innovation and invention in the area of dry etch process, equipment and materials, working in a fab in integrated chip process development.
- Lead definition of the dry etch process roadmap to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Strive to achieve and deliver leading edge process capability, yield, cost and manufacturability. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Have an understanding of the current dry etch publications and conference topics and ideally have interactions with one or more conference committees.
- Mentor more junior team members, including establishing infrastructure in the group to facilitate shared learning within the team.
- Define and establish flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Select and develop material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Engage closely with tool vendors. Drive escalations and ensure resolution to any process and/or equipment problems.
- Drive improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem solving tools.
- Establish process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp.
- Develop strategy to resolve difficult problems and establish systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Train production/receiving process engineers, engineering and manufacturing technicians for transfer to other factories.
- Transfer process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory startup as well as install and qualification of the new production lines
- Demonstrated experience with technical problem solving skills with multitasking.
- Familiar with multiple characterization techniques including, but not limited to, XSEM, TEM, STEM, XPS, VPD, TXRF, and EELS.
- A fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology.
- Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or Chemistry with over 15 years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or Chemistry with over 18 years of experience in the semiconductor industry.
- 15 years of hands-on experience in semiconductor FAB processing.
- 15 years of experience in semiconductor Dry Etch process development.
- 17 years of experience in semiconductor Dry Etch process development.
- Experience with volatile and/or non-volatile memory.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0116212 Albuquerque
Meet Some of Intel's Employees
Martin S.SoC Design Engineer
Martin uses his communication skills and technical knowledge to perform deep-level debugs of the intellectual properties that come to Intel.
Back to top