DMTM Technology Development Engineer (College Graduate-PHD degree)
- Dalian, China
Intel China Dalian Technology Development (DTD) Center is hiring
We are looking for engineers at all levels to be part of Intel's fast-growing Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) business unit.
Intel China Dalian Technology Development Center
It is Intel's first silicon process research and development organization outside of the U.S. Because of Intel's strategic investment in the memory business, we are ramping up the DTD organization. It leads the industry with cutting-edge innovation, focusing on developing next-generation Non-Volatile Memory technologies. Joining this organization will mean the chance to define the future of memory that powers the smart and connected world, and the opportunity impact Intel's key markets-IoT, data center, and CPU.
Position 1- Intel Technology Development Process Engineer
This job requisition is looking for multiple candidates for the Process Engineer position, reporting to TD Module Engineering Managers. Successful candidates will be responsible for activities covering process, equipment, materials, and operations in their respective areas of expertise, such as CVD, PVD, CMP, Diffusion, Implant, Metro, Lithography, Wet Etch, and Dry Etch.
Examples of scope of work include silicon process improvement, product enhancement, equipment capability evaluation and expansion, and wafer cost reduction.
Candidates must have a demonstrated track record of excellence in creative problem solving, equipment capability enabling, or manufacturing process optimization in a relevant engineering organization.
• Perform feasibility study and provide module level process solutions to meet desired device specification and process improvement requirements;
• Lead new process experimentation, implementation and high volume manufacturing readiness in the area of expertise;
• Define, select, and qualify the equipment platforms to meet quality and output needs of new processes for high volume manufacturing ramp.
Position 2- Intel Technology Development Yield and Integration Engineer
This job requisition is looking for multiple candidates for the positions of Yield Engineer, FA Engineer, Defect Reduction Engineer, Integration Engineer, Device Engineer, Quality and Reliability Engineer, and Test Engineer, reporting to TD Integration Manager or Device Engineering Managers.
Examples of scope of work include silicon process improvement and product enhancement, device capability evaluation and expansion, and wafer cost reduction.
Candidates must have a demonstrated track record of excellence in creative problem solving, device or test capability enabling, or manufacturing process optimization in a relevant engineering organization.
• Perform feasibility study and provide integrated process solutions to meet desired device specification and process improvement requirements;
• Lead new device experimentation, implementation and high volume manufacturing readiness in the area of expertise;
• Define, explore, and qualify new integrated process solutions to meet quality and output needs of new processes for high volume manufacturing ramp.
• Recent completion, or upcoming completion in 2021, of a PhD in science or engineering;
• Direct experience in semiconductor research or fabrication environment is highly desired;
• Technical leadership and a track record of creative problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking;
• Strong expertise in process characterization, qualification, and troubleshooting is required.
• Motivated self-starter, with strong ability to work independently and in a team environment;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Ability to think and operate independently, while simultaneously focusing on many diverse priorities;
• Flexibility and maturity in facing uncertainties and changing priorities or responsibilities;
• Commitment to aggressive goals with a can-do spirit;
• Strong sense of urgency and acting with velocity;
• The ability to work across different cultures, with an attitude of respect an inclusiveness
• Agility in learning, improving, and innovating.
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix. (You can read more about the transaction in the press release ). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our NAND-DTM and work on the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses industry-leading SSD technology and the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products, and you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology and components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK hynix.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
CN JR0141272 Dalian Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group
Back to top