Device Integration Engineer
- Albuquerque, NM
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf ). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our team as a Device Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Device Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology and components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK hynix.
Intel's Nonvolatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG) is currently looking for outstanding engineers to be part of a team that develops industry leading solid-state memory technology that enables instant, affordable access to the world's information. We currently have exciting technology development opportunities for qualified Device Engineers in Rio Rancho, NM. NSG Device and Process Integration Engineers develop the advanced, nano-scale device and process architectures that fuel the data revolution.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following behavioral traits:
- Work collaboratively with your teammates to come up with the best solution to a problem
- Demonstrated experience to deliver results on multiple projects in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Desire to learn and share knowledge with others
- Develop technologies in a dynamic, cross-disciplinary environment; communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
The below minimum qualifications must be met to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree (relevant work experience is a plus but not required) in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated expertise in semiconductor device physics and device scaling, semiconductor device fabrication, process integration, device reliability, materials and device characterization techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured technical problem solving, new technology development, and proven track record of technical achievement/leadership.
- Understanding of manufacturing yield, design & analysis of experiments, statistical data analysis techniques, device modeling, process emulation, and emerging memory technology awareness is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0144847 Albuquerque Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group
Back to top