About DE organization:
This position is within the Design Enablement (DE) organization of Technology Development (TD). At Intel, Design Enablement is one of the key pillars enabling Intel to deliver winning products in the marketplace. Your work will directly enable design teams to get to market faster with leadership products on cutting edge technologies.
About the role:
As part of the Design Enablement/Process Design Kit (PDK) group, you will join a highly motivated team of top-notch engineers solving challenging technical problems enabling PDKs for Intel's most advanced process technologies and drive PDKs towards industry standard methods and ease of use for the end customers.
The job requires partnering and leveraging domain experts across various areas of Technology Development, EDA vendors and product design teams to develop and deliver high quality technology collaterals, models and enablement of EDA tools.
- Define technical specification for Intel advance technology features to enable Intel-specific and industry standard EDA design tools
- Coordinate development of these technology features, develop QA plans and drive test-cases development working with relevant stakeholders
- Engage with internal partners and external EDA vendors to coordinate tool feature requirements and specification
- Joint effort with partners in DE organization to evaluate and isolate performance contributors for technology features as part of enablement
- Build and qualify Process Pathfinding Kits and tools with quick turnaround time
- Drive innovation and initiatives to enhance existing automation, tools and methodology.
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks and solutions
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors
- Perform in a dynamic, challenging and sometimes ambiguous environment with drive and creativity
The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral traits and/or skills:
- Creative, independent, and out of the box thinker with strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Experience in driving cross-functional and industry wide initiatives and taskforces
- Attention to details, strong organization skills
- Depth and Breadth being able to connect the dots and identify cross-discipline optimal solutions
- Self-motivated, strong leadership skills being able to influence across internal and external ecosystem
- Written and verbal communication skills to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions
- Able to work with cross-functional and cross site teams and influence multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
BS in EE/CE with 5+ relevant industry experience OR MS in EE/CE with 3+ relevant industry experience OR Ph.D. in EE/CE with 1+ relevant industry experience in the following areas:
- Parasitic Extraction, Device Modeling and Simulation tools/flows
- Custom design flow and related EDA tools
- CMOS device physics, process technology and design rules
- Tools, flows, and methodology for optimal Product Performance/Power/Area/Cost (PPA)
- one of the following: Python, PERL, TCL
- Familiar with Reliability verification, ESD concepts, Standard Cell Library and Memory Architectures
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0156316 Hillsboro Technology and Manufacturing