Design Manager - Global Construction Engineering
- Hillsboro, OR
Global Construction Engineering (GCE) is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major manufacturing and cleanroom projects in Oregon, Arizona, Israel and Ireland. We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
This position will be based in Oregon at our flagship technology development campus in Hillsboro. Our Design Managers provide project leadership for technical engineering and design execution. Our Design Managers are one of the first to be consulted for any construction project. Early in the project, they assemble a team of engineering specialists and assess feasibility of new projects. They later lead development of more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and project engineers. detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Design Managers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
Our Design Managers are the primary leaders who manage overall project scope, schedule, and cost of engineering. They interface and coordinate with contract design, construction, scheduling, and estimating resources. They also interface with facilities staff and project managers. Design Managers lead the effort of engineers who define design criteria, lead scope definition and justification, and develop design concepts. Design Managers oversee completion of positioning, programming and detailed design. They work with estimators to ensure costs are captured and project budgets are met. Design Managers ensure implementation of change control process to improve standards and drive innovative solutions.
As a global engineering organization, GCE project architects, engineers, and Design Managers are expected to collaborate and share learnings with their counterparts at other sites across the globe.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent written, visual and verbal communication of technical topics
- Experience presenting to executive management
- Strong general facilities technical expertise and ability to lead and provide direction to technical teams
- Ability to collaborate across engineering discipline, organization and geographic boundaries.
- Highly team and quality oriented
Value for safety and a safe project environment
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or a Master degree in an Engineering related field with 4+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience on design and construction.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Technical writing experience.
- Focus on industrial, semiconductor, high-tech, and cleanroom projects.
- Proficiency with reading and interpreting construction contract documents.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0129289 Hillsboro
Back to top