In this role, you will conduct design and development to build and optimize deep learning framework software. Design, develop & optimize the Deep Learning infrastructure for deep learning training and inference frameworks targeting Intel CPU and GPU platforms. Develop high-performance and highly parallel software implementations for future Intel CPUs and GPUs and conduct performance projections/tuning using simulator. Implement various distributed algorithms such as model/data parallel frameworks, parameter servers, dataflow based asynchronous data communication in deep learning frameworks. Transform computational graph representation of neural network model. Develop optimized deep learning operation primitives using math libraries. Profile distributed DL models to identify performance bottlenecks and propose solutions across individual component teams. Optimizing code for various computing hardware backends. Interacting with deep learning researchers and experience with deep learning frameworks.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavior skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Work well in a team environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school-work/ classes/ research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and would be compensated accordingly.
- PhD in computer science or computer engineering or mechanical engineering or Physics or Mathematics with relevant experience in AI/Deep Learning software performance optimizations and high-performance computing
6+ months of experience with the following skills
- Excellent Programming skills in languages like Python, C/C++ and CUDA
- Low level programming and performance optimization skills for CPU and GPU including code generation, performance optimization, distributed compute and resource management.
- Understanding of Deep Learning algorithms
- Familiarity with DL frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Mxnet, Caffe, etc.)
- Experience in Machine Learning infrastructure development and optimization (framework, ML pipeline, deployment)
- Experience in CUDA, OpenCL and GPU programming including compute kernel development and optimizations
- Experience in Machine Learning acceleration through model compression, quantization and distillation.
- Experience in high performance computing, high performance networking, distributed computing algorithms and systems
- Experience in cloud computing and system integration
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level-not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0157095 Santa Clara Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software