Deep Learning Compiler Application Engineer
- Santa Clara, CA
Habana Labs is a young and innovative company focused on developing purpose-built AI processors, disruptive solutions that will shape the future of AI and Deep Learning computing. Habana was founded in 2016 by successful entrepreneurs, launched its first AI Inference processor in 2018, its Training processor in 2019 and was acquired by Intel in December 2019. The company now operates as an autonomous subsidiary of Intel. Our vision to take AI processing from its current limits to the peak of its potential continues. We see challenges as opportunities, laser focus on execution and are determined to fulfill our vision to improve the quality of life, work and leisure with our AI solutions. We are looking for exceptionally smart people who believe that AI will change the world and would like to join us on our exciting journey!
We are looking for a hands-on software engineer with strong mathematical foundation to join the Application Engineering team, with in-depth knowledge in AI software frameworks, performance engineering and data-science. Hands-on skills to root cause bugs and optimize for custom AI hardware and software are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Deep Learning compiler features and optimizations tasks using control-data flow, AST graphs that reflect computations in modern, large, multi-layer neural networks
- HW agnostic and HW specific optimization passes
- Mapping of user-supplied Deep Learning networks to utilize computational kernels running on Habana AI HW accelerators for inference and training
- Profiling and optimization of full network operation
- Working in both pre and post silicon environments
- Unit testing, numerical accuracy and performance verification of work
- Fast learner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be willing to work independently as well as with others in a fast paced highly technical environment
- BS in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with 6+ years of experience or MS degree with 4+ years of experience in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years hands-on coding experience in C++11 programming language and extensive knowledge of modern language features
- 4+ years of developing commercial quality system software, e.g. compilers, debuggers, profilers
- 4+ years of experience with compute kernel development
- 4+ years of Experience with all modern compiler toolchains including front and back ends
- 4+ years of Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks and theory (TF, Caffe, PyTorch, OpenCV, etc.)
- 4+ years of Experience in a Linux environment
- 2+ years of direct deep learning implementation experience
- 2+ years of Parallel programming, especially design of GPU accelerated kernels
- 2+ years of Python and scientific computing experience
Inside this Business Group
Intel AI, leveraging Intel's world leading position in silicon innovation and proven history in creating the compute standards that power our world, is transforming Artificial Intelligence (AI) with the Intel AI products portfolio. Harnessing silicon designed specifically for AI, end to end solutions that broadly span from the data center to the edge, and tools that enable customers to quickly deploy and scale up, Intel AI is inside AI and leading the next evolution of compute.
US, California, San Diego
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0140963 Santa Clara
Back to top