Data Center NAND SSD System Integration Lead
- Folsom, CA
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK Hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf ). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our Data Center NAND Division as a Data Center NAND SSD System Integration Lead and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Data Center NAND SSD System Integration Lead, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix.
Candidates being hired for Phase 1
This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK Hynix.
In this position, you will be the overall technical leader/chief engineer for an SSD program responsible for delivering a high-quality product/set of products at PRQ. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To own development of the Product Requirements Document (PRD) as well as product SKU specifications for the program.
- To partner with PDT and Marketing leaders to understand the customer requirements and define the customer enabling strategy as well as execution priorities for the program.
- To perform technical gap analysis on Customer Requirements (CRD) in relation to the Product Requirements (PRD) specifications.
- To represent Systems Engineering, participate in, and/or assist NSG Marketing organization with technical customer engagements as required.
- To perform power, performance, latency, and/or reliability studies/analysis and establish product performance targets.
- To ensure product requirements such as performance, power, and latency targets are being achieved per product level requirements/specifications.
- To chair technical cross-functional forums throughout the SSD development process/life-cycle for setting product-level technical direction and addressing cross-functional technical issues.
- To chair the Change Control Technical Assessment forum responsible for technical assessment of product Requirement Change Requests (RCRs).
- To own prioritization of product/system level issues for debug/resolution.
- To own and/or drive the debug of top product/system level issues with urgency.
- To analyze manufacturing and validation data vs model expectations and drive corrective/mitigation actions as appropriate.
- To sign off on various product level deliverables and/or checklists towards product milestones and eventually PRQ.
- To partner with Customer Engineering and Customer Execution teams to ensure a smooth ramp of respective customers and dispositioning of customer issues.
- To develop novel methods of improving product attributes or development process methods.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behaviors:
- Technical leadership skills to work across a wide range of engineering disciplines.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
The candidate must have a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
6+ years of experience in the following areas:
- System level experience spanning hardware and software domains.
- System level validation/debug and/or failure analysis.
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Data collection and analysis of system level PnP.
- Bench test equipment, O-scope, analyzers, others.
- Firmware algorithm.
- Debugging system-level issues related to NVMe/PCIe SSDs.
- NVMe-based SSDs (including Architectural and Firmware algorithm knowledge as well as experience in debugging system-level issues related to NVMe/PCIe SSDs)
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0149073 Folsom
Back to top