This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf .) The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our team as a Data Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products. As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 1 of the transaction, which includes the 3DNAND enterprise and client SSD business. Phase 1 is expected to close in late 2021, subject to regulatory approvals and other customary conditions. At deal close, all employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition to SK hynix.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics Business Solutions team who can find creative answers to tough problems. As a Data Engineer, you'll create and manage our data infrastructure and tools, including collecting, storing, processing and analyzing our data and data systems. Your primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also know how to work quickly and accurately, using the best solutions to analyze mass data sets, and you know how to get results. Lastly, you'll be expected to help design solutions that aid in our goal of data democratization.
Big Data Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help us build out an optimal data infrastructure from the ground up and assist in setting technical direction for the team. Currently, the team's primary data infrastructure is comprised of SQL servers.
- Work closely with BI Experts, Data Scientists, and Data Governance Analysts to ensure infrastructure meets all needs.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities. Experience with NoSQL and SQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Design, build, manage and optimize data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
- Participate in daily standups and lead design reviews.
- Document and share knowledge through the creation of comprehensive standards.
- Breakdown business features into technical stories and approaches.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in data engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
- A solid track record of data management showing your flawless execution and attention to detail.
- Programming experience, ideally in SQL, Python, Spark, Kafka or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks.
- Deep knowledge of data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data mining issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- A passion for documenting work and sharing knowledge systematically is a must.
- Self-driven and ability to multitask effectively.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Intel Corporation will require all new U.S. employees to be fully-vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of hire unless they have an approved accommodation in place under applicable law. Newly-hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0155383 Folsom Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group