Customer Solutions Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Barefoot Networks (BXD), an Intel company, is seeking an engineer with system engineering skills and application knowledge for an opportunity as a Customer Solutions Engineer. This position requires in-depth Ethernet Switch/Controller product development knowledge while also providing the ideal candidate with exposure to sales and marketing experience.
The ideal candidate has worked in networking related products including one or more of switch silicon, smart NICs or FPGA based products. The candidate provides deep-dive technical support to customers in developing their switch solutions for programmable data plane implementation and control plane interface with backend support from internal engineering teams.
The role would provide opportunities for the engineer to act as evangelist for BXD's programmable data-plane products and prepare collateral as needed to capture best practices for effective use of the Tofino line of products and ensure customer success.
Some amount of travel may be required for this position.
Key Duties and responsibilities :
- Provide deep-dive technical support to Barefoot's customers in areas ranging from design review of system architecture and software to bring-up and validation of customer's solution ensuring customer's path to product delivery.
- Provide expert knowledge to allow customers to implement their P4 based data plane processing and control plane API support in the most effective manner for the Tofino programmable switch products.
- Document and educate customers when possible on most effective ways to creating data plane programs for Tofino and integrate with NOS.
- Provide technical training, demo, consultation, and hands-on assistance to developers in areas of system architecture, source code development, testing and tuning of software/hardware components.
- As a system and technology expert, author technical papers on Barefoot's technology and develop training courses for customers.
- Provide feedback and aid product definition of next generation products.
Additional Skills :
- Fluent and effective communication, presentation and documentation skills, both - written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with experience working across Marketing, Sales and engineering teams.
The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience with development and debugging in related areas mentioned below along with responsibilities that required direct interaction with customers.
- BS with 6+ years of experience or MS with 4+ years of experience (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field)
- 5+ years of experience to one or more proprietary or open-source NOS.
- 5+ years of expert level development experience with network device drivers and L2/L3 stack in Ethernet based switch/routers and debugging.
- 5+ years of expert level development & debugging experience with network device drivers and L2/L3 stack in Ethernet based switch/routers or programmable dataplane on FPGA/SmartNICs based solutions.
- 5+ years in diagnosing and triaging functionality and/or performance issues. Identification and isolation of problems related to application, network stack, low level API, or drivers.
- 3+ experience supporting customers during design-in product life cycle in one or more of following areas: telecom, data center, OEM, Enterprise system designers/developers
- 5+ years' experience in development, troubleshooting and supporting applications for Cloud, Data Center customers.
- 3+ years of experience developing and debugging using C/C++ and Python.
- 1+ years of experience in open source NOS like SONiC
- 1+ years of experience with CLI, API support, configuration and management of switch data plane
- 2+ years of experience in P4 programming
- 1+ years of experience in development of network applications, documentation and steering requirements from customers to internal development projects.
- 1+ years of experience with lab equipment as TestCenter/IXIA, high speed scope
- 1+ years experience in Ethernet Switch/Controller board development.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0134533 Seattle
Back to top