CPU Power Optimization Engineer
- Austin, TX
In this role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee power estimation and analysis of the CPU for different use cases from architecture design to layout.
- Oversee definition, design, verification, and documentation for CPU power reduction methodologies.
- Determine architecture design, logic design, and system simulation for power efficiency.
- Define module interfaces/formats for simulation.
- Contribute to Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs.
- Contribute to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits.
- Contribute to all aspects of the CPU design flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing.
- Review vendor capability to support development.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have the following traits:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent cross-functional communication and/or interaction skills
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 6+ years of experience in: - OR - a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 4+ years of experience in:
- CPU architecture
- Chip/CPU power consumption, power estimation and low power design methods.
- Dynamic and leakage power estimation and reduction at architecture/RTL/block synthesis and circuit design level.
- Power estimation tools, such as PrimeTime-PX,/PTPX Prime/Power Prime Time PX and Power Artist
2+ years of experience with:
- Automation in PERL and/or TCL and/or Shell*
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0142395 Austin
Back to top