CPU Microcode Design Engineer
- Austin, TX
The Atom (TM) CPU Microcode Team at Intel is looking for candidates who have an interest in X86 Architecture and developing Microcode for Intel's next generation Atom(TM) microprocessors.
In this position, you will be responsible for coding microcode features for X86 microprocessors. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Defining and developing innovative Architecture and Microarchitecture for Intel's next generation Atom(TM) Microprocessor
- Analyzing existing developed code, understanding and gathering new requirements, developing new algorithms or changes required, documenting for review and communication, creating and negotiating a development plan, writing the code, and debugging that code for functionality and performance requirements
- Interacting and communicating with Architecture, Logic design, and Validation teams to achieve their coding goals
- Supporting this code through tapeout and future steppings, either through patching or code rewrites
- Being member of the Microcode team,
- Reviewing others' code and helping to improve group productivity and accuracy
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have excellent communication skills and the willingness to work in a fast-paced and innovative team environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
Bachelor's applicants must be U.S. Workers only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position."
3+ years of experience in:
- Computer Architecture and Micro Architecture techniques
- Assembly Language, C, C++ and Perl Programming
- Software and Software Debug skills
3+ years of experience in:
- RTL or uCode Development or x86 CPU validation
- Platform/SoC Architecture, Design or Validation
Inside this Business Group
The Silicon Engineering Group is a worldwide organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, Cores, and critical IPs that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US College Grad JR0138847 Austin
Back to top