Construction EHS Manager
- Hillsboro, OR
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
As the Global Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Construction Manager, you will be responsible for setting, leading, and executing the corporate construction EHS strategy for global large (from $500 million to several billion $) construction projects and programs - typically new fabs or modifications to existing fabs. This role reports directly to the head of Global Construction and will be responsible for leading a global staff of 5-9 EHS engineers as well as 70 construction EHS contingent workers.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the CS EHS Construction Manager, set the vision, strategic direction and drive construction EHS excellence across the company for fab construction activities. Assist in planning and managing construction EHS objectives to support the company's strategic growth plans.
- Ensure construction EHS services are available and implemented on global construction projects to facilitate the safe planning, start up, construction, commissioning and handover of buildings and facilities.
- Deliver guidance and coaching to construction management to ensure site actions are in alignment with Intel's corporate EHS policies.
- Implement construction EHS audits and self-assessments to ensure programs meet or exceed all Intel and legal requirements.
- Measure and monitor construction EHS benchmarks, metrics, and key performance indicators (KPIs) to meet company-wide goals and objectives and drive best in class results for fab construction projects.
- Drive the implementation of programs and initiatives to foster a strong construction safety culture. Implement construction Safety Self-assessments to evaluate culture and recommend improvements to management.
- Identify and coordinate construction EHS training to meet regulatory requirements and improve construction EHS awareness & performance across the company.
- Plan, resource, and direct activities in the organization to meet schedules, standards, and cost.
- Foster a team culture in which safety, operational excellence, and results orientation are the foundation.
- Lead, foster, and grow relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive Intel's success. Strong decision-making skills and the ability to build respect and influence at all levels.
- Manage a team of EHS professionals, globally located, in alignment with Intel cultural values (One Intel, Customer Obsessed, Fearless, Inclusion, Quality, Truth and Transparency and Results).
- Effectively work with key suppliers and vendors to support construction EHS objectives.
- Executive communication and presentation.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- The candidate must be willing to travel domestic and internationally (around 10-20%)
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, or related subject
- 9+ years of experience leading 'best-in-class' EHS programs including construction projects requiring EHS support.
- 9+ years' progressive leadership experience, with minimum 5 years' senior management experience desired
- History of leading and developing a diverse, geographically distributed, multidisciplinary team and employees.
- Master's degree and relevant professional certifications.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Arizona, Phoenix
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0138931 Hillsboro
Back to top