Computer Science/Information System Engineer Student
This is a part-time (~20 hours), flexible-hours, year-round studentship position.
AZFSM (Arizona Fab Sort Manufacturing) is looking for highly motivated individuals to play a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems. The programs will provide a set of methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information used to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights and decision-making. Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Partnering with a team of engineers to design automated solutions
- Willing/able to upskill peers on their areas of expertise
- Develop Defects and parametric performance metrics
- Creative problem solving skills and lateral thinking (the solving of problems by an indirect and creative approach, typically through viewing the problem in a new and unusual light) desired to help deal with the high level of ambiguity that is associated with the problems often encountered in the job role.
- Hands-on participation with frequent factory floor presence is expected. The candidate will have bandwidth for training in Process Engineering module as well as Data Systems applications to assist in the creation of meaningful Scripts/Reports.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork
- Strong problem solving
- Attention to detail
-The candidate must be a fulltime student pursuing a Bachelor of Science or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field OR majoring in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Microelectronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or related field with a minor in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- Must maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA over the course of the Studentship.
- Must be comfortable performing data analysis or coding/scripting in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Must be in second year of Bachelor of Science degree program or any year of Master's degree.
- Must live within proximity of the work site (Intel Ocotillo site located in Chandler, AZ) as no relocation will be offered.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position
Inside this Business Group
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US JR0113147 Phoenix
Back to top