Components Research Technician
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Assignments are semi-routine in nature. Work is performed within generally defined parameters. Normally receives general instructions on most work. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Performing technical tests and experiments in the wafer fabrication area in support of the semiconductor manufacturing process.
- Monitoring and auditing the semiconductor manufacturing process.
- Making recommendations to modify equipment and/or processes to improve yield results.
- May process test runs to determine results of modifications.
- May assist process engineering in developing new processes.
- In-fab processing support of multiple programs: wafer processing, visual analysis, data gathering and analysis, tool maintenance, lot file setup, and failure analysis.
- Participation on the Emergency Response Team and other general fab operations duties.
- Automated and electrical testing of non-standard material along with standard e-test.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Flexible to work in multi-tasking environment and self-motivated requiring minimal supervision.
- Willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing Gor Tex gowns, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- Detailed data collection and analysis.
- Problem solving.
- Communication skills to support of multiple engineers and research projects.
- Structured thinking in order to respond to testing excursions by performing containment and root cause analysis.
- The candidate must be willing to work a compressed day work week schedule. The schedule will consist of three twelve hour days in a row followed by a fourth day every other week.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- Candidate must possess an Associate's degree in a technical area or equivalent military training.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Candidate must be willing to:
- Walk and push transport carts with up to 20 lbs. of force approximately 30 - 40 times per shift.
- Carry up to 6-9 lbs. of weight more than 20 times per day and may utilize cart.
- Walk approximately 2 - 4 miles per day.
- Experience with semiconductor fab processing or other hands-on material processing or analysis.
- Experience with electrical measurements of semiconductor devices with equipment such as semiconductor parametric analyzers, Digital Multimeters (DMM's), LCR meters, oscilloscopes and function generators.
- Demonstrated competence and knowledge in the area of semi-conductor devices, resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, inductors and their I-V and C-V characterization.
- Experience in UNIX, MS windows and programming using Visual Basic, C, C and demonstration of good coding skills.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US JR0062421 Hillsboro
Back to top