Cloud Firmware Verification Engineer
- Hillsboro, OR
To stay attuned to DPG's customers evolving needs in the cloud, the ability to provide specific CPU microcode and firmware solutions addressing a feature or enhancement request outside the regular product life cycle is paramount. The Cloud xCode engineering team engages with our largest customers to understand their technical requirements and helps define and deliver solutions while working with engineering organizations across the company. Entailing in depth understanding of both the customer operating environments and Intel platform capabilities, the team defines solutions to address targeted enhancements for current products and shape requirements for and influence product/solution architecture of future Intel platforms so that they are better suited to the needs of our definitional customers.
To deliver high quality firmware solutions for critical customer needs, we need individuals to help develop new and extend existing firmware verification infrastructure and test content.
In this role responsibilities include, although not limited to:
- Defining and developing a firmware system pre-Silicon validation environment and test suites by utilizing available tools and techniques to ensure firmware operation and performance to spec.
- Definition of module interfaces for simulation, development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures.
- Broad understanding of multiple system areas and provide a key bridge between architecture, design, and validation teams in developing and improving pre-silicon and post-silicon test content.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/ or work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of combined experience in the following areas (5+ years' if you have a Master's Degree)
- Power Management IP, PM Firmware, PM SoC development and/or verification
- Firmware/Embedded Firmware development and/or verification
- Firmware components runtime updateable/patchable in the field
- Software development (Unit Testing, Test Driven Development)
- Experience with Computer Architecture
- 2+ years' experience with writing validation plans and/or software to implement those validation plans
- C, C++, Python/Ruby programming
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel's transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0142581 Hillsboro
Back to top