We create world-changing technology that improves the life of every person on the planet. Intel put the silicon in Silicon Valley. Today we are applying our reach, scale, and resources to deliver on bold goals. And we're not doing it alone: we work with our customers and galvanize the industry for positive impact.
Our team of accomplished researchers and architects shape the global PC ecosystem everyday - setting the standards, norms, and infrastructure for the entire PC industry. We start with research: how people use technology, how it can improve people's lives, and what are the most compelling experiences. Next, we translate those experiences into a set of technical requirements and capabilities: IPs, SoCs, Software, Processors, Packaging and Platform. Finally, we have the privilege of leading teams from across Intel to bring these technologies to market with our advanced factories, our partners and customers from across the world selling hundreds of millions of units every year.
If you love to innovate, influence the direction of the PC industry, and help make the PC an indispensable tool for work, education, and creation - then this is the team for you. You will work alongside and learn from industry experts including Intel Fellows and Principal Engineers. The work is challenging. No two days will be the same. Architecting a solution to a real user problem and then seeing in their hands is an amazingly rewarding experience.
The Client Performance Architecture and Engineering (CPAE) team within CCG, is looking for a highly motivated individual, with a strong platform power architecture and engineering background and excellent leadership skills to deliver the next generation power delivery solutions for Client products. The CPAE team strives to deliver outstanding end user experiences in constrained real-world systems. A key aspect of that is architecting and engineering next generation power delivery (PD) solutions for Client products, with the goal of delivering leadership solutions to meet performance, battery life and device form factor goals. This starts with an outside in approach of developing a deep understanding of the types of systems customers build and the workloads and user experiences valued by end users in the different product categories. Then use that knowledge to develop a platform power architecture and associated power management capabilities, that integrate seamlessly - at scale - with the SoC power architecture, to maximize the performance, power efficiency and battery life. In this position, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, verification, and debug of power delivery subsystems, including voltage regulators, power sources and charging solution. You will be expected to influence the portfolio of power technologies that CCG invests in with internal IP teams and external partners. You will also be responsible for influencing the SoC and platform power management solutions to deliver the best end-to-end power efficiency and performance.
A successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Create the platform power architecture for future Client products that - maximizes the user experiences, meets form factor and cost goals and can easily scale to meet market needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams working on identifying the End-to-End power conversion needs of future Client platforms comprehending silicon processes changes, available internal and external PD IPs and the product landing zone requirements.
- Help create a positive environment where learning and taking on new challenges is encouraged.
- Mentor, coach and help develop emerging power delivery architects and engineers within the organization.
- Lead pathfinding for new power delivery feature and technologies from concept to product intercept and customer deployment
- Influence SoC architects to align the SOC power architecture and Power management to the capabilities of the platform power delivery architecture to deliver optimized power efficiency and performance.
- Partner with PD eco-system partner in defining, enabling and verifying new power delivery components that achieve the efficiency and performance goals of the end-to-end power conversion solution. A key responsibility will be setting the power efficiency and other electrical and power specifications for vendor enabled ingredients and ensuring accountability with the supplier base in meeting those expectations.
- Work with silicon, package and board design teams to implement the different elements of the PD architectural solution that go in the silicon, package and motherboard respectively.
- Have accountability for the overall verification of the end-to-end power solution implementation and partner with the different validation partners to ensure appropriate validation coverage.
- Work with customer engineering teams to train and enable customer support with scaling solutions, including tools and design guide creation
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in CE, CS or EE
- 10+ years of experience in platform power delivery for client devices like PCs, Laptops, Desktops, Workstations etc.
- 10+ years of experience with the following:
- A track record of delivering multiple generations of platform/product power delivery architecture and design solutions, including working with eco-system partners to deliver the necessary power delivery ingredients.
- The ability to leverage a deep understanding of key power delivery technologies and IPs and emerging new trends, including competitive intelligence, to define power architecture solutions that deliver to the product expectation at scale
- Extensive network of contacts in the power component eco-system with influence to drive key technology inflections in the eco-system
- Analog power delivery design and power management., analyzing cross domain system level trade offs
- Experience with package and motherboard power delivery, time domain and frequency domain simulation and/or sensitivity analysis
- Post-silicon power conversion circuit debug and tuning - to maximize end-to-end power conversion efficiency - while still meeting the performance and reliability expectations of the overall solution.
- Experience with engineering processes, power and performance modeling tools like MathCAD, Sigrity tools
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and being able to adapt to evolving product requirements that are typical in the early architectural definition phase of programs.
- Ability to lead and drive virtual teams of senior cross-domain engineers
- Ability to communicate a product vision clearly to team members and key partners and inspire actions that lead to great product definitions
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
US, AZ, Phoenix; US, CA, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, California: $180,270.00-$288,770.00
*Salary range dependent on a number of factors including location and experience
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.