Chemical Facilities Engineer
The Factory Infrastructure (FI) Research and Engineering team is responsible for the design and engineering of all of Intel's major "First of a Kind" projects in Oregon for Intel's Logic Technology Development (LTD) organization . We are a team of specialized in-house architects and engineers in a highly collaborative environment. We work together with our factory, operations, and supply chain partners to deliver some of the most technically challenging projects in the world with demanding schedule and cost constraints.
Our Engineers are highly valued and are relied on to provide technical leadership in their area of expertise. They are one of the first to be consulted for any major building expansion or modification. Early in the project, they develop site feasibility studies, assess supplier proposals to optimize cost of ownership, and ensure regulatory compliance of a new project. They later develop more detailed scope through field walks and collaboration with facilities operations partners and discipline engineers. During detailed design and construction performed by our world-class supply chain partners, our Engineers serve as the Owner's representative to provide technical guidance and issue resolution.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across engineering disciplines, organizations, and geographic boundaries.
- Team and quality oriented
- Self-motivated, able function effectively with minimal supervision.
- Safety value and committed to a safe project environment.
- Candidate must possess a master's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Oregon or the ability to get this license in Oregon.
- Minimum of 4 years of engineering projects
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the following:
- Process Controls and Sequence of Operations logic development
- Start-up/Commissioning Procedures
- Hazard and Operability Risk Assessments (HAZOP)
- System/Site Compliance to applicable environmental programs, regulations, and permits such as Hazardous Waste (RCRA), Air Emissions, and Chemical Storage
- Chemical equipment selection and sizing (ex: piping, neutralization, filtration, reverse osmosis, distillation, ion exchange, pumps, valves)
- Focus on industrial and semiconductor projects
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
US Experienced Hire JR0121920 Hillsboro
Back to top