In this position, you are entrusted to working directly with internal and external SoC customers, enabling them to harden Atom CPU as soft IP (SIP) in a process node in a foundry of their choice. The customers will target various performance-power-area spec that meets their product requirements, so you will be working on a diverse range of technical challenges.
In addition, you will work on state-of-the-art industry standard tools, flows and methodologies, to provide a reference for customers to harden an Atom Core. This position requires candidates who are strong in RTL2GDS design, flow, and methodology implementation, as well as interfacing customers directly to address their issues. Requires the ability to work independently and multitask effectively.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Physical design and development of Atom CPU as a soft IP
- Benchmarking of new CPU designs, develop design and tool recipes to improve performance-power-area
- Static timing analysis, variation modeling, and verification of high-speed process design
- Running industry tool and flow for synthesis, and APR for a trial convergence ahead of customer use
- Layout verification and debug of customer design issues
- Respond to customer technical issues and request
- Solve implementation issues by working with domain experts in the Atom organization (RTL, verification, DFx, memory compilers, etc.)
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience in latest RTL2GDS design and methodology development:
- Scripting skills using Perl/Tcl
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Static Timing Analysis
- Must be able to work independently on various customer design issues in the area of physical/structural design
- Prior CPU design or hardening experience in a custom foundry is a plus
Inside this Business Group
The Devices Development Group (DDG) is a global organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, critical IPs including Atom and chipsets that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0160325 Austin Devices Development Group (DDG)