ATOM CPU Power & Performance Validation Engineer
- Austin, TX
You will be part of the Power & Performance (PnP) validation team and have an impact on Intel's next generation ATOM CPU products. Responsibilities include understanding CPU architecture , PnP optimization, as well as identifying further opportunities to close the gap with respect to pre-silicon targets. In this position, you will collaborate closely with architects and designers to validate power and performance feature for ATOM CPU.
The job requirements include but not limited to
- Understanding silicon parametrics across distributions (Vmins, Cdyn, leakage, transistor performance, etc.) and their impacts on CPU power and performance
- Understanding of workloads, benchmarking and TDP power recipes
- System level understanding of power management flows at the hardware, firmware, and driver levels
- Analysis of silicon performance power consumption versus pre-silicon expectations and drive resolution of issues in simulation, emulation and system platform.
- Close interface with architecture, design, and platform engineers
- Contributing towards power management optimizations flows for future products
- Self-discipline and good collaboration within or cross team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
You must possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 3+ years of experience in/with: - OR - a Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 2+ years of experience in/with:
- Debug skills
- Pre-silicon simulation, emulation to debug and root caused functional issues.
- CPU architecture and validation challenges
Inside this Business Group
The Devices Development Group (DDG) is a global organization focused on the development and integration of SOCs, critical IPs including Atom and chipsets that power Intel's leadership products. This business group leverages an incomparable mix of experts with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences to unleash the most innovative, amazing, and exciting computing experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0150485 Austin Devices Development Group (DDG)
Back to top