ARM Subsystems Design Engineer
An IP Design Engineer is responsible for developing IP to be integrated into an advanced ARM Cortex-based subsystem, and for supporting customers in the design and integration of such IP. It requires understanding the operation of the ARM subsystem, and interfacing with it at system level (hardware and software). He/she works closely with customers and the Customer Engineering Team to make sure the most optimal solution is provided. He/she supports customers during the integration, verification, and bring-up of the prototype for the customer chips.
• Write RTL code that can efficiently interface the ARM Cortex subsystem
• Write test benches to verify the code
• Design for reusability; the RTL should be flexible, parameterized, well documented and supported
• Train customers and Applications Engineers on the use and integration of the IP
• Develop a set of metrics to assess the performance (power, throughput, latency) of the integrated ARM subsystem core in different use cases
• Create a set of use cases and develop specific IPs to simplify integration of the subsystem; document the advantages of each scenario and define a selection method for the most optimal based on the customer system requirements
• Work closely with the Customer Engineering Team and create Application Notes and Tutorials to introduce customers and internal teams on the ARM Subsystem usage
• Architect and develop fully configurable IPs and extend the IP Cores library with qualified cores meeting the required performance/area metrics
• Create a testchip to validate all the use modes of the ARM Subsystem including the IP Cores as part of the Platform Validation team
Our IP Design Engineers would typically have the following qualifications:
• BSEE/MSEE with 10 yrs of experience in Design, Verification, Synthesis of ARM-based subsystems
• Strong knowledge of ARM CPU and firmware development or core integration
• Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects with simultaneous time sensitive
• Ability to function independently while maintaining strong team-work and collaborative
• Highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If your skills and qualification match this and you are interested to hear more about this profile, please click apply to subscribe.
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.
Back to top