Analog Engineering Manager
- Toronto, Canada
As a manager, set priorities for the team, get results across boundaries, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance. Directs and guides the activities of research or technical design function responsible for designing, developing, modifying, modeling and analyzing analog and mixed signal electronic parts, components, interconnects, or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Evaluates final results of research and development projects to assure accomplishment of technical objectives. Prepares and presents reports outlining the outcome of technical projects and makes recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- M.A.Sc or Ph.D. in electrical engineering.
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of analog and mixed signal circuit design, including methodology, layout, analog designer tools, processes, and simulations.
- Familiarity with industry standard design conventions and rules in analog circuit design; awareness of techniques to reduce design risk.
- Experience debugging, probing, and characterizing silicon using standard lab equipment.
- Solid written and verbal communication for expressing technical ideas and initiatives.
- Able to work independently with limited supervision.
- In depth understanding of silicon manufacturing technology.
- Experience with tools for schematic entry, IC layout and SPICE simulation.
- Knowledge of Verilog-A for analog behavioral modeling is desirable.
- Experience with TCL, Perl, C, python, or other scripting languages is desired.
- 3-5 years experience as a manager preferred
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel's silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel's brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel's products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
CA Experienced Hire JR0123119 Toronto
Back to top