AMHS Equipment Tech
- Hillsboro, OR
The position will be in support of the RA campus and will eventually require knowledge of all shells at RA.
Multiple shifts will be available for this position.
Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS) group is looking for a highly driven and disciplined individual to join our team as an Automation Engineering Technician (AET) responsible for supporting Ronler Acres (RA) campus AMHS equipment.
AMHS Manufacturing Equipment Technicians perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in nonfunctioning electromechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
Will also perform setup, calibration, and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
Assignments are semi-routine in nature.
Work performed within generally defined parameters.
Some degree of judgment required in resolving nonstandard problems.
Normally receives general instructions on most work.
The candidate will be working with vendor Field Service Engineers (FSEs).
Although hired onto one shift, there may be a need to move to another shift to provide factory support as business requires.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on AMHS equipment.
- Error recovery of AMHS equipment in the fab.- Log into virtual tools to remotely access tools and troubleshoot via tool software.
- Repair and maintain ASRS (Automated Storage Retrieval Systems) AKA stockers - on the Intel RA campus
- Work with engineering group and AMHS team to minimize equipment down time, equipment improvements, and other various tasks.
- Work with engineering on alpha and beta tests of new upgrades to existing equipment or on new equipment types.
- Work with engineering to manage equipment maintenance schedules and timelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment to component level, when necessary.
- Assist engineering to bring up to production new equipment and improvements to add system capacity, i.e. Intel tool qualifications.
- Ensure AMHS systems have minimal impact to manufacturing WIP movement.
- Review of safety Pre Task Plans (PTPs).
- Communicate with on floor manufacturing management.
- Communicate with engineering during unscheduled downtimes impacting the fab.
- Perform project closure activities including punch list to ensure that tool is 100% ready for up to production state.
- Collaborate with AMHS vendors on-floor Field Service Engineers and technical management on sustaining procedures and documentation.
The candidate must be willing, but not limited to:
- Work on 12 hours shift, day or night
- Wear closed shoes all day
- Walk several miles per day
- Climb and perform work on ladders
- Periodically work in the interstitial
- Push carts for at least a distance of 500 m
- Lift up to 30 lbs, walk long distances, work in confined spaces
- Perform detailed visual inspection tasks
The requirements of the position should align with knowledge obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training and/or work experience.
You must possess at least one of the following educational or experience requirements:
- You should have earned at least a 2-year diploma in any academic major.
- From 5-8 years of military experience in a technical field will be considered in lieu of an AA degree.
- A candidate may also have an AA degree in an engineering or science discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in equipment troubleshooting, installation, qualification, repair and operation in Semiconductor manufacturing technology
Additional qualifications include:
- Read schematics and complex drawings/diagrams
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Experience in computer software (Microsoft Office and data base entry)
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
US Experienced Hire JR0151718 Hillsboro
Back to top