3D NAND TD Process Champion
- Dalian, China
Your new position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK hynix. (You can read more about the transaction in the press release ). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data. In your role, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology and components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK hynix.
Dalian Memory Technology and Manufacturing (DMTM) in Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is looking for experienced technical leaders for the roles of 3D NAND Technology Development (TD) Process Champion to drive and develop future generations of 3D NAND technologies. This individual contributor role will report to Senior Director of 3D NAND TD Process Development directly.
The ideal candidates should have a successful track record of delivering cutting edge process technology capabilities and demonstrated strong collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams including equipment and material suppliers.
Internal candidates in Intel from USA or other international sites might be qualified for two-way expatriate assignments in Dalian, China.
Responsibilities for Process Champion role might include:
• Co-manage critical process flow segments or TD programs with Process Integration counterparts, responsible for delivering all aspects of TD CSI - technology, cost, yield, reliability, schedule, manufacturability, productivity, environmental footprint, etc.
• Oversee and coordinate TD equipment and process changes across all areas, and set technical directions for process teams, in strong collaboration with Process Integration Managers.
• Coordinate equipment supplier technical roadmap reviews and execution across process areas.
• Initiate and drive technology task forces to address key constraints limiting TD programs.
• Key point of contact for Process Integration, Yield, Design, and Prod Engineering, and other TD functions toward TD process engineering teams, aligning priorities and resource allocations.
• Support or manage TD to High Volume Manufacturing transfer and transition across all process engineering areas.
• Coordinate and drive 5-gen process technology roadmap execution across process teams, including equipment and materials evaluation and selection activities.
• Work with IE/Finance/GSM and oversee TD support infrastructure, including supplier engagement, capital planning, equipment design and install packages, and HC support modeling across process areas.
• Recommend aggressive cost roadmap and drive activities across process areas to deliver best in class cost performance, in partnership with Process Integration Managers.
• Developing solutions to problems utilizing scientific fundamentals, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools, and then up leveling to case/class/methodology for wider adoption across TD teams.
PhD degree (or MS) in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics, Chemistry or an equivalent field.
Must have 10+ years of direct experiences in semiconductor technology development and/or manufacturing environment.
Direct people management experiences highly desired.
Significant hands-on experiences in technology development and technology transfer are required.
Motivated self-starter, with strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
Demonstrated experience working with external and internal partners, including leading edge semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
A fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology
Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter.... CN Experienced Hire JR0139898 Dalian
Back to top