3D NAND TD Principle Engineer
Intel Dalian is rapidly expanding its 3D NAND Dalian Technology Development (DTD) organization to develop future generations of 3D NAND process technologies.
This job requisition is to seek an experienced candidate to lead the 3D NAND process development organization based in Dalian, China, reporting to the Sr. Director of Dalian Technology Development. The selected candidate will partner with the Dalian high volume manufacturing organization and Intel memory technology development teams in the US to create leading edge 3D NAND process technology.
The candidate must have technology development experience and demonstrated leadership skills in a large organization, as a manager of managers, including but not limiting to safety, technology, quality, output, and cost. The selected candidate will lead and develop the process technology development organizations including photolithography, dry etch, thin films, metrology, CMP and Wet Process. Candidate is responsible for defining and executing to the NAND TD roadmap, resource planning activities, organization and leadership development to grow the organizational technical capability.
The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to solve highly complex technical problems with excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate the organization. The candidate must also have demonstrated strong ethical standards and be able to set the tone from the top. Must also be able to lead in a highly ambiguous and dynamic business environment.
Dalian Memory Technology and Manufacturing (DMTM) in Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Technology Development Group is looking for Process Engineering Technology Development experts and leaders to drive and develop future generations of 3D NAND technology. This requisition is targeting candidates to fill multiple positions available based in Dalian, China.
The ideal candidates should have a successful track record of delivering leading edge process capability and demonstrated collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams including equipment and material vendors.
Internal candidates from USA or other international sites can be qualified for two-way expatriate assignments in Dalian, China.
Following positions are currently available:
- Sr. Technologists or Principal Engineers with expertise in one of the following areas: Dry Etch, Wet Cleans, Thin Films, Defect Metrology, CMP, Diffusion, Process Integration, Yield, Quality and Reliability etc.
- TD Dry Etch Area Manager
- TD Diffusion Area Manager
Depending on the role, selected candidates might assume some or all of the following job responsibilities:
• Defining roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
• Defining and establishing flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
• Selecting and developing material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
• Leading and conducting process, equipment and material development projects with equipment and material suppliers
• Designing, executing and analyzing experiments necessary to meet engineering specifications for their process.
• Working effectively with the equipment supplier to identify shortcomings, propose and evaluate hardware modification to mitigate issues.
• Driving improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
• Developing solutions to problems utilizing scientific fundamentals, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
• Establishing process control systems for the process module. Training production/receiving process engineers in high volume factories.
• Transferring processes to high volume manufacturing and providing support in new factory startup.
This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storagebusiness to SK Hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf). The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data.
This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our NAND-DTM and work on the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses industry-leading SSD technology and the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products, and you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix.
This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology and components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK Hynix.
Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....
CNJR0165368DalianNon-Volatile Solutions Memory Group
3D NAND TD Principle Engineer
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Intel.