Vice President - Information Technology
At the Institute for Integrative Nutrition , we are looking for a Vice President of Information Technology. Would you like to work in a position with immense learning and growing potential? Do you want to join an amazing team doing world-changing work? This is a golden opportunity for you to earn a great living and be at a great company with wonderful people. We are looking for intelligent, ambitious individuals with strong work ethic and initiative.
The Vice President of Information Technology will lead the organization-wide advancement of policy and practices in the design, planning, procurement, and implementation of technology. The VP of IT will be responsible for the management of technology services, including staff, consulting/contractual resources, and operating and capital finances. Utilizing best in class SaaS software such as Canvas, Salesforce, and Marketo, the position will be responsible for the highest possible level of student and staff satisfaction. The VP of IT will identify and monitor the performance and provide measurement highlighting service excellence and quality first goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategic vision and direction to ensure technology solutions are aligned with current business needs and future growth of the organization.
- Clearly articulate IT methodology, vision, strategy, and results to all levels of the organization.
- Provide leadership and vision in all phases of application systems support for the delivery of effective business system solutions to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Drive achievement of plan outcomes through the development of measurable goals and objectives for IT operations short term and long term.
- Partner with executive management team members to achieve financial targets, redeploy resources to proactively anticipate needs within a matrixed business environment.
- Ensure that technology equipment and applications are evaluated against market standards. Work with company leadership to address technology systems gaps.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to effectively integrate innovative IT solutions.
- Evaluate, consolidate, and standardize processes, integrate changes across organization.
- Responsible for the IT Project Management approach and methodology.
- Work with key business stakeholders to design and develop the business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for all major IT initiatives.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with all corporate and external resources, partners, and customers.
- Establish effective privacy and security controls that support the appropriate use of information technology.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develop and implement General Data Protection Regulation compliance plan.
- Stay abreast of developing technology trends and government regulations to ensure efficiency, best practices, security, and compliance.
- Lead, coach, and mentor IT resources to address all current and future business needs.
- Champion the development and implementation of IT training and support plans to produce a highly effective and progressive team.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to the IT function.
- Develop and align the organizational structure to include roles, responsibilities, and processes which migrate from the current configuration to the future state.
- Along with leadership, develop, monitor, and control IT's long-range and annual operating and capital budgets.
- 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or related area is required. An advanced degree in one of these or related field is a plus.
- Continuing professional technology education desired.
- 5+ years management experience at a senior level required.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience as a IT leader within an organization.
- Prior work experience within online education sector.
- Strong preference for experience with learning management systems (Canvas), student information systems, Salesforce, Marketo, web technology (Drupal), mobile apps, online video platforms, and user experience.
- Strong architectural integration skills.
- Strong preference for proficiency in architecture, design, and performance tuning including development of business processes.
- Experience with General Data Protection Regulation compliance and other similar statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Experience with implementation and migration to a new learning management system and student information system.
- Proficient knowledge in Windows operating systems.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile project management-planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting. Experience with Jira and Smartsheet.
- Experience managing virtual department and external resources.
- Experience in engagement with multiple management levels across technical users and business units.
- Demonstrated knowledge of databases, data warehouse, SQL, Tableau, and Redshift.
Critical Skills and Abilities:
- Verified experience operating in a fast-paced growth business experience and/or demonstrated effectiveness in a small company/location working both strategically and tactically.
- Understanding of e-commerce, community engagement, and financial operations.
- Ability to articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into IT solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate IT issues and recommendations to executive level management within and outside of IT.
- Identifiable and successful track record of managing change within a complex business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, client relationship skills, and the ability to work effectively in a technical team environment.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Well-developed team and project leadership skills including the ability to set direction, drive innovation, get results through others, and establish clear action plans, roles, and responsibilities.
- Ability to apply excellent project management skills/tools to manage multiple, complex, and varying technology initiatives; high degree of organization and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Manage tech-related contracts, including procurement and renewals .
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is seen as a collaborator and a team player; easily secures trust and support of peers.
To perform this job successfully, the Team Member must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Team Members with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required demands include:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for an eight-hour shift, with intermittent movement.
- See, hear, and communicate with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Must be alert and aware of surrounding for safety concerns.
- Ability to travel to offsite events/conference as needed.
The work environment for this position is an office setting. The Team Member must follow company safety and security procedures.
Integrative Nutrition pioneered the health coaching profession. Health coaches mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. As the only school in the world to confer the title of Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, we offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention.
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Integrative Nutrition
Integrative Nutrition is the largest nutrition school in the world—and the only school that explores more than 100 different dietary theories. Through its innovative online learning platform, Integrative Nutrition has provided a global learning experience for nearly 100,000 students and graduates in over 120 countries worldwide. Integrative Nutrition is on a mission to improve health and happiness, and through that process, to create a ripple effect that transforms the world.
Back to top