Junior Copy Editor (Part-Time)
- New York, NY
Hello! We are the Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) and we pioneered the Health Coaching profession! What started as a small classroom of passionate students in a live setting in 1992, is now world-renowned for its online Health Coach Training Program and other leading-edge programs on the most current and important topics in health and wellness. With over 100,000 students and graduates in over 150 countries worldwide, we are the undisputed leader in the field of Health Coaching education. Health coaches mentor and guide clients towards nutritional and lifestyle changes to help them reach their personal health goals. We are headquartered in New York City and offer students access to a rich diversity of leading instructors committed to improving global wellness through education and prevention. Our mission is to play a crucial role in improving health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world!
Why work for us?
You are someone who wants to be part of a mission-driven company and you want to make the world a healthier and happier place! You want the culture of a start-up paired with the resources, stability and foundation of an established company with over 25 years at the top of its field. You want to work for a company that walks the walk, with great perks and an amazing team of awesome, collaborative, and passionate colleagues!
The Copy Editor copyedits and proofreads all materials developed by the education team as well as content-related material from marketing and other departments as needed. This is a part-time position.
Essential Job Functions (Responsibilities):
- Copyedit and proofread all curriculum and resource materials for IIN's Health Coach Training Program, advanced courses, and specialty courses in Microsoft Word and Adobe InDesign
- Copyedit all student-related emails related to virtual celebrations, check-in calls, weekly module openings, event reminders, etc., for content, grammar, spelling, and style
- Edit marketing copy, including blog posts, outgoing communication, website copy, and newsletters, for content, grammar, spelling, and style
- Ensure accuracy of all statistics and quotes and work with content team to correct any potential legal issues, broken links, misinformation, etc.
- Meet course deadlines, ensuring all course documents, modules, and tests are ready and open on time
- Maintain individual course style sheets and collaborative style guides with A/V, design, and marketing as needed
- Maintain organization and naming conventions of content files on internal server
- Answer student inquiries through ZenDesk and make curriculum updates as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2+ years of copyediting experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, social media platforms
- Adobe InDesign, ZenDesk, and JIRA experience (preferred)
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Takes initiative to suggest solutions to problems
- Works well both independently and with a team
- Can prioritize, think critically, and see the bigger picture
- Health Coach Training Program graduate (preferred)
- Experience with Canvas, D2L, or similar learning management systems (preferred)
Integrative Nutrition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran status.
Back to top